2.5ch preamp build

Zozobra

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks. This is the first board I've made. Pretty happy with it. Could be a little straighter in places but I guess that improves with practice. Can't wait to get it populated after staring at the layout for so long on the computer :lol:

• Members

Started on the chassis. Ran into a few issues. Need to get some more drill bits (22.5 mm) as the ones we have arent up to the job. Should really have bought an ali chassis, not steel :lol:

Also dont have a mounting bolt for the transformer!

• Members

Yeah totally. It works out cheaper than individual drill bits anyway. I've ordered a stepped (4-20mm) bit for the other holes. Got a new cordless drill too. The one I had (cheapo draper borrowed from a friend) was terrible and had no torque at all.

• Members
149519_10150329509595601_727505600_15915

Gratuitous test fit shot. Hole punches have arrived but I left the valve mounting rail at my buddies when the enclosure was getting sprayed :facepalm: may as well wait for the waterslide decal paper to turn up so I can do the whole job in one go. In the mean time I'm wiring up all the connections that wont have to be unsoldered to remove the parts to label up and clearcoat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

the chassis is now blue due to a clear coating mishap :(

Finally got around to punching the hole for the sockets. It was a bit of a bitch to get through as the bracket is 3.5mm thick so a bit of force multiplication was required.

148670_10150346194065601_727505600_16159

76581_10150346234375601_727505600_161609

• Members

The switching is odd. The boost switching is normal, but shunting in the channel select is gonna bring some frequency response issues because of the change in load. Have you factored those in to your analysis?

The switching is something I'm still learning about. I may have to lose a relay due to current draw in which case I'll use a more standard line select method.

• Members

In time honoured tradition the damn thing didnt work first time.

No blown fuses, current limiter didnt go crazy and the plate and heater voltages look okay. Need to go through this thing and work out whats going on and write down all the voltages.

Archived