REQ: I need an acoustic/electric for live...

joestanman

• Members

Doing some singer songwriter stuff. Kinda hipster/alt country stuff with another guy. We are going to be recording and playing live... I have been borrowing my friends acoustic, but need to get my own.. any reccomendations? Something with good tone, but wont break the bank. The main issue is:

I have fairly small hands/slender fingers, so I need something that I will be able to play comfortably. I am not new to guitar, but am new to it as a primary instrument, so stamina is an issue...

Thanks ahead of any replies!

• Members

Ready for something different?

Check this out

It comes in a steel string version too.

I heard a guy playing one of these with a very good stage band in Vietnam during December. It sounded AWESOME!

I don't know what kind of modules he was using with it. He had the nylon string version. And it was amazing! I've never heard a better live nylon string electric sound.

• Members

Originally posted by joestanman

full size, and unplugged volume and tone IS important.

How about price? Are you looking to make a good long term investment or just something to fit this gig that's easy to sell again?

As more of a general comment the "Acoustic Electric Guitar" is kind of an outdated concept, at least to me. With the plethora of great pickups out there you're better off finding a great guitar and then throwing a great pick-up into it.

My 2 cents. If you give a dollar range it would be easier to make suggetions.

• Members

+1 for the Carvin.

I was a bit skeptical about Boggs' seemingly endless praise for them, but when I finally got one, I found my stage acoustic!! Great sound, appearance, neck, projection...I just dig my c980 a ton!

And this from someone who bought a Martin 000C-16RGTE as my first stage acoustic....

Archived