best acoustic guitar pickup

Dave Curtis

• Members

I have an old Lawerence sound hole pick up that just crapped out on me after about 18 years. Can someone give me advice on a good replacement acoustic guitar sound hole pickup? It's been a long time since I looked at these and there are a ton of them out there. Thanks in advance for your help!

• Members

Originally posted by rockfan

Nobody uses Fishman anymore?

It's not "cool" to use Fishman because that's what everybody uses. You have to be different, even if Fishman makes great pickups and is the standard for which all others are judged...

Myself, I have a Fishman Matrix, but I like the Baggs Element in my Rainsong better.

• Members

I had an Old Lawrence soundhole pickup too, then I had a Dimarzio Elemental, real bass sounding humbucker,
Now i use a Fishman NeoD which is inexpensive and real acoustic sounding, it is screwmounted, in the upper part of the soundhole.
You really need a preamp with it, I have a Behringer PB100 Preamp pedal, that I run it thru before it goes to PA. I can gain it flat or add some bass or treble, The Behringer Preamp only cost 19.99 @ BP audio and video
Jim

Archived