Why are headstocks croppped off on TV?

kwakatak

• Members

It's just a minor irritation, but whenever I see a nice acoustic on TV they never show the headstock except on long shots where you can't make out the logo. Why the heck is that? :confused:

Meanwhile, you can clearly see that the keyboardist is playing a KORG or YAMAHA. Why don't they blur that out like the logos on rappers shirts/ball caps? It seems like a double standard IMO! :mad:

• Members

Becuase noone wants to play an acoustic guitar, and keyboards are better.

JUST KIDDING, DON'T HURT ME!!!

Seriously, I have the same gripe about all guitars, electric, acuostic and bass. And, on the rare occasion they show a decent shot of the headstock, either the player's hopping about or it's for 1/4 second. So you're left guessing... 'I know it's a Les Paul -type, but is it Gibson, Epiphone or some other?'

• Members

I forgot to mention that if you do get a medium-range shot where you can see the headstock clearly there's either a piece of tape over the logo or a capo clamped over it! :mad:

JT's right - must be something against free advertising. But why are keyboard players (and drummers too, I believe) immune from this sweetheart deal? :confused:

• Members

The director/producer's idea of what makes an interesting shot is different from what guitarists would like.

I find it very annoying that the headstock isn't visible and and even more annoying that the the left hand fingering is ignored. Usually, when the camera zooms in it always shows the right hand fingering and almost never the left hand. It's helpful for me to see what the left hand is doing if the song is one I want to learn and I think the general audience wouldn't care if the camera showed the left hand more than the right.

Archived