Idol ???

eclayson

• Members

Tommy Emmanuel.

I've been woodshedding on a bunch of his songs and then took my wif to see him in concert. By then she was so burned out on his music that she was not impressed at all. She just turned to me after the first song and said "so that's what it's supposed to sound like?!?"

Everybody's a friggin' critic!!! :mad:

• Members

I think it would be really neat if I was say, shreddin in my garage, and all the sudden "POP" Esteban is there sittin on top of a shelf in his Zorro suit talking about how good a deal he got on his car insurance..... Oh well, what a stupid idea. You'll never even see that on a TV commercial...

Seriously folks, I think today my choices would be

1. Gordon Lightfoot

2. Marty Robbins

3. Willie Nelson

4. Merle Haggard

5. Brad Paisley

6. John Fogerty

7. Sonny James

8. Buddy Holly

• Members

As for acoustic guitar...I tend to dig the songsmith types more than the virtuosos...and songsmiths who can play well. I'll go for:

James Taylor (what a TONE!)

David Crosby

Stephen Stills

And, as far as cool chops...

Rev. Gary Davis

John Fahey

• Members

my #1 choice is Ani difranco.she is the reason i fell madly in love with the guitar.i would like to thank her for that.i would also like to thank her for leading me to alvarez yairi.i would love a lesson from her.also a lesson from Paco de Lucia would rock.and johnny reznik because i love his alt.tunings and he is hot.and willie nelson just because he is willie and does the best guitar solo's ever.

Archived