Cars (and everything else) vs. guitars

kwakatak

• Members

Just when I think I get a little extra money to finally buy a new acoustic guitar something always happens. This past year it's been car expenses (tranny, engine sensors, etc) and it's not slowing up at all. My newer paid off car is now sitting dead at the foot of my driveway and I'm dreading to find out how much it's gonna cost me this time! I already spent a $100 and put a new battery in it myself, but that wasn't it! :mad:

BTW - that Beretta that has been sitting in my garage unused because I've been thinking of selling is now my "go to" car and runs juuuust fine. Go figure. :confused:

I'm still hoping that I can scrape some $$$ together for a new acoustic guitar sometime soon though. I must be in denial! :freak:

• Members

sorry about your car troubles eating up your

guitar money :cry:

I hate cars. I'm "over" the auto infatuation period of

my life ( a red mercedes coupe got it outta my

system ;) ), and now I drive an old Buick that suites

me fine. I'd much rather spend money on guitars :)

( but yeah, I've recently bought a new battery and a

few other things... still beats payments imo )

• Members

Originally posted by catdaddy

Who needs a car in the 'burgh anyhow? Whenever yinz wanna go somewhere just take the Incline!
:D

Yeah, that Incline will take you anywhere you wanna go--just as long as it's up the hill from Station Square and right back down.

• Members

Originally posted by SusanV

I'm "over" the auto infatuation period of my life

Me too. I got a new Beamer 3 series in 1993. I'm still driving it and will continue to do so until it turns into a pile of iron oxide (and plastic).

Meanwhile, the music toys dominate my expendible income.

kwakatak, I hope your transportation woes are over soon so you can get your life back on track. ;)

• Members

I've always had bad luck with cars and I'm resigned to believe that this will never change. We now have a new Subaru with several years of payments to look forward to. Meanwhile we have two other cards that are paid off but we need only one. The "keeper" is newer but has hit us with some hefty bills this past year while the "beater" keeps chugging along like an old beloved dog with an arthritic hip. :(

Archived