Larrivee Serial Numbers

Queequeg

• Members

Originally posted by Cldplytkmn

yep... typo... actually they're 1 7/8, as the SD-50 correctly lists.

this just in from L's crack Customer Service Dept:

Thanks for letting us know about the error in the website, I have corrected the mistake and it should now read the correct 1 & 7/8

• Members

Originally posted by Sweb

Kwak, you're a pretty good player - serious. Besides, that Tak's bridge is gonna take out your kid one of these days. I'm in.

Thanks sweb. With any luck I should have the money soon though. My car is listed in the classifieds as of today and I've gotten a couple of bites.

As for the Tak, I think it's about time I took it in to get glued up again. Either that or I'm just gonna finally break down and buy a JLD Bridge Doctor and take a drill to the bridge to install it. :eek:

• Members

That Bridge Doctor is quite a top saver. Had one in a bellying 12 string and - voila'- no more problem. Supposedly because of the method of installation these things are boasted to enhance the transference of vibration (sound). Mine was a jumbo so it was loud anyway. I didn't discern any changes in tone/volume either way. I personally think this kind of preventive doomyfatchy should be a factory install device like adjustable torsion rods. The Bridge Doctor is adjustable as well.

• Members

My friend has one of those SD-50 and man, that is one of the BEST sounding Larrivees I've ever played. I can even flatpick on it with no problems adjusting to the wider 1 & 7/8" nut width.

Great guitar Larrivee is making!

Jeff

Archived