Vibro Champ Chassis

David E H

• Members

Hello all, I was just curious if anyone knew of any chassis I could buy cheaper than what seems to be the going rate of ~$80 for a Vibro Champ. I have all the parts scrapped to make it, I just need the chassis. I have seen some on the Bay I could get for ~$25, but I'm not really feeling confident in drilling holes. Let me know!

• Members

I've yet to build an amp. That will be happening when I get back to work or find a rich girl to marry. From what I've seen the drilling is what adds to the price. I've done aircraft sheet metal most of my life so for me that's easy. If you don't have the tools or confidence you prolly will just have to spend the 80 bucks.

• Members

If you havent got the tools to cut the holes, the cost of the tools would cost allot more than it does to hyst buy the proper

chassis with the holes cut already. You could so it with drill bits files etc, but its probibly better to do the first one precut.

You'll have enough to worry about wiring it up and getting it to work.

• Members

If you havent got the tools to cut the holes, the cost of the tools would cost allot more than it does to hyst buy the proper

chassis with the holes cut already. You could so it with drill bits files etc, but its probibly better to do the first one precut.

You'll have enough to worry about wiring it up and getting it to work.

Alright thanks. I've changed my mind actually on this topic. I'm building the Vibro-Champ from a Silvertone organ amp that's very close circuit-wise. I just wasn't sure I wanted to try to work within the chassis I have, but I've decided to stick with it.

Also another question(which I feel like 6L6GC or WRGKMC will know the answer to, but if not I'll start a thread):

The Silvertone power transformer is nearly the same except it has an additional green/white wire which I believe is a center tap. What should I do with this wire in the Vibro-Champ circuit? Should I ground it with the green/white/red wire? Connect to 6V6 pin 8?

Thanks!

schematics:

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3016&g2_serialNumber=2

http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/cameramanlink/VibroChamp.gif

Archived