Which strings?

soup

• Members

Hi :wave:

I don't really play that often, but I need to replace the strings on my accoustic and clean it up because it's getting kind of dirty and doesn't sound as good.

There are 12's on there now. What's a good brand of strings to get if you don't change your strings often?

Also can you recommend a good product or technique to cleaning up the fretboard? There's like finger chowder on there and I have to get it off.:freak:

Thanks! :)

• Members

Dare I say it?

Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze light gauge (.012-.054). They're coated so they should resist corrosion and build-up between the coils.

shhh! Don't tell the Elixir-haters I told you this! ;)

They should last you at least 3 months, but if the high E and B strings lose any luster (in tone or shine) then change them. I wouldn't go any longer than a year at the very extreme with a set of strings, even if they're coated.

IMO beside low humidity and excessive (100

• Members

I am not a fan of Elixers, but admittedly have not tried the newer PB's. I do like both Dean Markley Alchemy PB's for tone and longevity. Have also had very good luck with DR Extra Life strings which have a coating on all 6 strings rather than just the wound.

• Members

Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze light gauge (.012-.054). They're coated so they should resist corrosion and build-up between the coils.

shhh! Don't tell the Elixir-haters I told you this!

They should last you at least 3 months, but if the high E and B strings lose any luster (in tone or shine) then change them. I wouldn't go any longer than a year at the very extreme with a set of strings, even if they're coated.

IMO beside low humidity and excessive (100

• Members

Originally posted by Blackwatch

I'm with you here. I've always had good luck with them. I have gotten bad packs before where the high E strings just seemed to break imeadiately..( I never break 'em) But still they've been good to me.

I also buy the D'Adario....coated and uncoated in light gauge 10's....

Funny you should mention that. I've heard folks say that their B strings and sometimes the G strings (*snicker!*) seem to break. I never had that problem until had somebody else put a set on my Larriv

Archived