Fullerton Guitars

preacherswife

• Members

The thing is, no one knows. There are a few reviews here in the HC database but other than that there isn't a whole lot of info on them. There have already been a few threads on the closeouts in the past few days, and some guys have jumped on the prices. My suggestion is this: find the guitar you want (generally, the ones that have the higher list price will be better) and take a $99 gamble. You'll have better chances with a $99 closeout guitar that listed for $599 than you will with a $99 closeout guitar that listed for $199.

They had an all solid wood dread that sold out right away. I think list was either $699 or $799, and they were gone in a flash at $99 a pop.

• Members

Here's a solid top acoustic-electric for $99.00

http://www.music123.com/Fullerton-Parkdale---Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-i732874.music

I would think you couldn't go wrong with this one. If it doesn't work out I'm sure there is someone who is just starting out that could buy it.

Here's an Ovation for $199.00

http://www.music123.com/Ovation-CC28-1-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-i408738.music

I have one kind of like it and was/am very happy with it. Unfortunately a dog knocked it over and the headstock broke off. It was repaired and though it plays well, it doesn't sound as full as it once did. It has a built in tuner and chances are the electronics will be better sounding than the Fullerton. I really like the playability and comfort of Ovations. I think this is more of sure thing than the Fullerton, but the Fullerton could end up being a real steal.

What are your plans for the guitar? Will you be playing around the house or playing in public?

• Members

I will be playing in church mostly and then practice at home. Just sitting on the porch pickin' and grinnin'. :rawk:

I like the way the Fullerton(s) are advertised online from Music123. However, I have NEVER heard of them before.

I do want a cutaway and have seriously considered the Washburn EA8, which is currently being sold for $99.00 on the same site.

• Members

I've posted in another thread that IMHO you'll be better off buying the Washburn. At least most of us have heard of them and we know what they typically sell for ($179 in the case of the EA8). Plus they're a popular brand so if you need warranty service it should be easy to find a dealer. In the case of a "house brand" instrument, it's easy to make up a "suggested retail" price that has no relation to reality. Fullerton is only available through Music123.com and they're going out of business from what I hear. That's not to say you can't find a sweet guitar with a name you never heard of but the odds favor known brands.

• Members

It looks like the Washburn may be sold out. I know Ovations aren't thought of highly around here, but I think it would be a good choice for playing at church. I hope you find something you like!

Archived