EC on playing RJ

Freeman Keller

• Members

I've got that DVD ("Sessions for Robert J"). It's pretty darn good. Usually I think that Clapton's better playing blues plugged in. But when he sits down alone (or with Doyle Bramhall, II) with just a 000 on this DVD, it's an exception.

He may not play it exactly like RJ, but he sure does it better than I ever will, and his voice is impressive in this setting.

And Rory? She kicks mucho donkey. 'Nuff said.

• Members

I like how EC mentions that it would be very difficult to play exactly like RJ becuase of the way RJ was unorthodox in his song structures at times by adding an extra bar if he needed it etc...

I was listening to RJ yesterday and evry time I listen I notice something new that jumps out at me. One of My fav RJ songs is "Terraplane Blues"

here`s EC doing it...

• Members

I like how EC mentions that it would be very difficult to play exactly like RJ becuase of the way RJ was unorthodox in his song structures at times by adding an extra bar if he needed it etc...

I was listening to RJ yesterday and evry time I listen I notice something new that jumps out at me. One of My fav RJ songs is "Terraplane Blues"

here`s EC doing it...

and here is Rory driving her Terraplane

Archived