Levys suede strap - which colour?

eddidaz

• Members
Get the tan one. Then give it to Tomcat's dogs for a few days. When you get it back it'll be a variety of tones which will go with anything; and it will also have developed a special 'anti-theft' patina.
:D

I'll race you to the patent office... :D

• Members

Well I got the tan one, put it on ready to jam out some standing acoustic goodness, when BAM, the strap pin pings out of the back of my guitar :mad:

It's not loose and works ok with a normal strap but this one is pretty thick and hard to get on, so when it is on it loosens the pin a bit and so it pops out when you pull on the strap :cry:

Would it be ok to glue the pin in?

• Members

It should be okay to use a drop of wood glue (Elmer's) but IMHO you should look into enlarging the hole in the strap. A place that does shoe repair should be able to enlarge the hole. You can find one in the phone book.

• Members

Would it be ok to glue the pin in?

I have an old Sigma that had the exact same problem. I tried gluing it back in, but it always managed to pop out in a week or so. The pin was too small for the hole. I'd say glue yours back in with a bit of wood glue, but if it pops out again soon, you might need to buy a new strap pin. They're pretty cheap.

Ellen

Archived