new guitar day!

ilovemystrat

• Members

Nice! Is that an FG-330? Nice aged tone on the top, by the way. Finally, you might want to try out putting some brass pins on her - just a thought.

its a FG-130

aged top? i have no idea about anythign acoustics, its for my elementary school really

yea i wanna change some stuff but keep the originals and the tuners are wayyyy hard to turn (i had to bust out the peg winder) any ideas on how to fix that? I'm thinking about taking the tuners apart and oiling it or somehting?

• Members

. . . aged top? i have no idea about anythign acoustics, its for my elementary school really

yea i wanna change some stuff but keep the originals and the tuners are wayyyy hard to turn (i had to bust out the peg winder) any ideas on how to fix that? I'm thinking about taking the tuners apart and oiling it or somehting?

babablowfish means the top has darkened with age and looks really nice. As for the stiff tuners, you might be able to disassemble them and add a small amount of light machine oil. For that matter, you can get a set of new Grovers for less than $25 on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/3L-3R-CHROME-GROVER-ROTOMATIC-GUITAR-TUNING-MACHINES-B_W0QQitemZ220100014799QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41434QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

• Members

babablowfish means the top has darkened with age and looks really nice. As for the stiff tuners, you might be able to disassemble them and add a small amount of light machine oil. For that matter, you can get a set of new Grovers for less than $25 on eBay right now:

I can't take them apart, and I can't access ebay from japan here (ie I can't setup a paypal account)

• Members

Congrats. Open back Grover's Vintage-Style 18:1 Sta-Tites plus, John Pearse brass bridge pins sure would look purty on your Yam. Baba's suggested the brass pins to me as well and he was right. :)

Trina

Archived