Identify this Mandolin.

fuzzylogic220

• Members

Gibson produced a budget line of instruments with the Kalamazoo name on them in the 1960s &70s when they were headquartered there. Probably one of those that you have there.

You're partially eight...Gibson did make that, but it was during the Depression (30s).

There was a line of inexpensive electric instruments made w/ the Kalazoo name in the 60's by Gibson, but what he has is one of the Depression-era Kalamazoos...here's a few guitars from the same era:

1930skalamazooktg14senior1.jpg

kalamazool00.jpg

Here's a similar mandolin: http://www.massstreetmusic.com/show_indv.php?img=1&item=02074

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Here is a 1940's Kalamazoo Mandolin that I found at www.neiljdeanmandolins.com - It looks a little bit like the one your grandfather gave you. I couldn't get the picture to copy. It sold for $650.00

Try looking at www.neiljdeanmandolins.com/forsale.html#3, maybe you can view the picture there.

-TIM

40's Kalamazoo Mandolin (back to top)

** SOLD **

40's Kalamazoo Mandolin

VG Plus Condition.

One Repaired back crack but otherwise in great playing condition.

Shaped tweed case.

$650.00 plus shipping

anyone have any info about this. my grandpa gave it to me when i was little. I'm guessing its made in Kalamazoo , isn't that where gibsons use to be made? how much do you think it would be worth, not that i could ever part with it though?

thanks.

Archived