1st Zoom H4 Multitrack Recording

Stackabones

• Members

So after flip's thread about the Zoom H4, I had a GAS attack and got one. It arrived this morning at around 8am (overnight from amazon). I got up and took it off the doorstep and went back to bed. Couldn't sleep so I got up at 9 ...

After some coffee and initial messing around with the unit, I sat on my bed and did a take of "All of Me." Just used the mics provided with the unit ... I haven't had a chance yet to hook up my Shures.

3023_gd.jpg

Two tracks, rhythm and lead acoustic (Saga Gitane D500). Did one pass at the rhythm and one pass at the lead, and then I had to leave for my lunch gig. Came back from the lunch gig, dropped the file into GarageBand and transferred them online and voil

• Members

Why does the bass seem to knock it for a loop? I'm assuming that was the cause of distortion I hear occassionally, right? Can you move farther away and up your level(s)? I'd heard it on Flips' also. By the way, I admire your playing.

• Members

There is a limiter and compressor that might help keep the bass from overdriving the signal. You can reduce the signal input gain also.

I chose the quick input switch, but you can also manually fine tune it.

(learning curve)

• Members

Stack you've been holding out on us! Very nice playing. I don't really hear much bass distortion -- the sound quality is good on my end. I like the way your Gitane really cuts. I'm hoping I might be able to get a similar sound when my archtop arrives. The technique is another matter...

• Members
Stack you've been holding out on us! Very nice playing. I don't really hear much bass distortion -- the sound quality is good on my end. I like the way your Gitane really cuts. I'm hoping I might be able to get a similar sound when my archtop arrives. The technique is another matter...

:D

Archived