An Invitation to Jam ...

Stackabones

• Members

Nice!

I wish I could participate... :(

(i just jammed along with the backing track, though :cool:)

How did you record your improvisation with your Zoom, Stack? Is the backing track already on your computer, and you play it in your headphones while improvising and recording?

This Zoom is the last thing I should buy, really.... but my GAS is only getting worse and worse... :(

• Members

Laid down the rhythm on the Zoom on track one. Put the headphones and recorded on another track. Just used the Zoom's stereo mic.

You really
need
this, Pascal.
:p

Nah, didn't really work them out. Pushed play and went for it. Though I did two passes at the solo and took a bit of each one for the final mix.
;)

That's pretty much gonna be my approach. What I like about this piece is that it's waaaay off of my rutted path. This is a good thing.

• Members

My only problem with the Zoom is that if I buy one, I'll also need a 2GB SD card or such, and would also have to upgrade my laptop (at least the hard drive, maybe more)...

This could end up costing me something similar to the price of a quality oud.

And if I had to choose between investing in a (Zoom + laptop upgrade) or in a nice oud....

:o

• Members

My only problem with the Zoom is that if I buy one, I'll also need a 2GB SD card or such, and would also have to upgrade my laptop (at least the hard drive, maybe more)...

And if I had to choose between investing in a (Zoom + laptop upgrade) or in a nice oud....

Ok, so I see you've thought about this. And it's bugging you. ;)

• Members

I'm not going to listen to Stackabone's version... I feel it might color my attempt at it. I'm a little busy moving out to Boston but I think that this would be a welcome distraction from packing.
:thu:

Ellen

ahh that wonderful time of year when it takes me 2hrs to get to work :thu: The upside though, is in like three months once the college kids run out of beer money the pawn shops and craigslist are filthy with good acoustic deals :lol:

• Members

How much is a zoom? I have the Tascam digital 8 Track and love it. It's sound quality and easy of use is fantastic.

Archived