I caught my subconscious plotting to get another one

flip333

• Members

Hmmm.. I love my current 3 acoustic guitars... I think. I keep saying that.

Then I was browsing the threads, and I heard a little voice in the back of my mind making plans to get another acoustic. I barely heard it....It was so quiet and polite, but I don't believe that for a second. It probably has strong ties to my brain's pleasure center.

What the hell is that? I'd like to think I have more control over myself!

This calls for a disciplinary maneuver.

Any ideas?:p

• Members

The worst thing about GAS is that i think in terms of guitar whenever i spend money. I go out for a nice dinner and spend some cash, and two hours later, i will be thinking about how that could have contributed to an upgrade. just can't enjoy normal life anymore

• Members
Give in

Freeman's right. Buy it and beat yourself up afterwards. Of course after you've played your beautiful, rich, deep sounding, new axe, you'll find reasons to justify why you're really, really, happy and content in owning four guitars.

Trina :)

• Members
Give up this forum
:cry:
Havn't been here for a long time and damn.. all those discussions makes you spend money on new gears!!
:eek:
..but I would have never known my sweet Larrivee if it wasn't for this forum...

I am extremely grateful for the Larrivee love here. It caused me to get one. Its awesome :thu:

• Members

My wife and I went to a different shop downtown, today. They've been there for a few decades, and their selection is less varied than the shop I've been doing business with. Basically, we were looking for other Seagull S12s, but they didn't carry any Godin guitars. What did catch my eye, however, was a Martin D-16RGT. I asked to play it, tuned it up and gave it a 15 minute workout. I was confunded regarding the micarta fingerboard, couldn't confirm it until I got home and googled the model #. I have to say I was impressed, although there were Elixir polywebs on it that didn't suit it. This shop is a little more expensive than the one I've been doing business with, but their philosophy seems better suited to mine. The guy I dealt with didn't patronize me, or tell me that fret buzz was normal in a new, well setup guitar.

My brain is a little fixated on it right now. I suppose, next year, when I do get a new guitar or two, this one will be in the running against a Larrivee.

• Members

You can never have too many guitars, just too little money.

And not enough space... a guy I know has about 20 guitars... most of them are in cases in cupboards appreciating in value... he reguarly uses about 3 or 4 of them at home and he has 5 where we work.

ha. and he says I have to much money.

Archived