Hard case or gig bag?

Amanda-Jane

• Members

I too vote for a hardshell case as you will need one eventually. A gigbag will "do" but in the longrun you will need a hardcase. If you are driving to your lessons and don't have to walk a long distance carrying the guitar there really is no point in using a flimsy gigbag. Having looked at the pic of the guitar you ordered I bet it would fit in a standard 000 or OM size case. I have a Martin 000-15 that came with a TKL hardshell case that says "Martin" on it. The generic TKL case sells for about $70 here in Canada. When your guitar arrives and you pick it up have the sales person try to fit a case for it. You could also write to the Tanglewood company and see what size case they recommend for your guitar. Personally I have always thought it was stupid that all manufacturers or dealers don't provide a case with every guitar sold. Martin, Taylor and Gibson do. Even Taylor provides a fairly decent gigbag with their entry level 100 series guitars.

• Members
lol.. she does "stay" its rare that she would bounce around the SUV.. but the point is that she CAN. Its not a car with a trunk, its all open- so the possibility is there.. slim, but possible

Maybe I missed it, but are we talking chihuahua or St. Bernard, or somewhere in between? Makes a big difference...:idea:

• Members
2 year old Female, Black Labrador Retriever

approx 70lbs

Uh-oh. Hard case definitely. Inside a steel box.:D

My son has a female black Lab. I call her Devil Dog. She's the sweetest dog, except when she periodically goes nutso. She'll eat anything - slippers, windowsills, concrete chunks...

• Members

Thats funny.

My dog goes nutso too...lmao..she can get hyper- but that is usually due to lack of excercise- she lets me know when its time to go to the park..

but she isn't a chewer... she is really good..

My motto for all dog owners...

a tired dog is a good dog.. take time to get them wore out and you will be much happier with all the hours that follow of peace :)

• Members

Sheesh.

I work with dogs and dog stuff for 25 years - and is there ever a dog related post on HCAG----- nope!

I retire from the job on Saturday last and by Tuesday...

now all I have to do with Black Labrador issues is feeding mine!

Would have loved to have given any support required, but hey, you know how quickly knowledge becomes dated nowadays ;):lol:

• Members
2 year old Female, Black Labrador Retriever

approx 70lbs

Definitely a situation for a hardcase. I've two three yr old black Lab's and can never praise a well fitted case too highly for at home or en route somewhere. Padded gig bags always come in handy on the odd occasion. ;)

I'd recommend you buy both and use whichever one suits the situation in hand.

• Members

FWIW, I live in the city and I walk to 90% of my gigs. So a gig bag type case is essential. But back when I lived in the suburbs, I was driving to my gigs so a hard case was better because it was more protected in the car.

If I were you, I'd decide whether or not I'm driving or walking to my lessons and make the decision based on that.

Ellen

+1

I'm on the same page.

Archived