christmas time lessons

Amanda-Jane

• Members

Hello,

Mondays Lesson was cancelled again - 3 IN A ROW!! due to weather.. but I went yesterday..

we now have all the notes in the first three frets on all strings covered.. and I got a book of 15 easy christmas songs..

which added..

learning to pick up and down with 8th ntoes, and a few strumming patterns to go along with the songs..

a couple new chords where given to me too so I can play the songs..

woo hoo!! I love christmas and it feels good to have "new" material for learning the guitar..

I'm still lovin it!

• Members

It's amazing how many good songs you can play with just a few basic chords. Very encouraging for the beginner!

Bill, I'm surprised to find that someone who knows the Shorter Catechism is celebrating Christmas, a pagan festival! ;)

• Members
you gotta list the songs and chords!!!

Glad your lessons are going well. I had my first private lesson this last Monday. I showed up and my instructor had a personalized book complete with name and pic of my Larrivee OM03 on the cover. Nice touch, here is a link to some of his work and activities:
http://www.riteofspring.com/

Sounds like a teacher who is just as excited about you learning with your guitar as you are!.. Keep us updated with your lessons and how you progress :)

The songs .. from memory are
Up on the Housetop
Roudolph the red nose reinder
Jingle bells
Away in a Manger
Good King Wencelas
Here comes Santa Claus
and a few more...
Chords are mostly C, G, D7, Am E7 F

• Members

F [as in the F chord] don't stand for fun either. I've found that out. About 1 out of 10 or so times I nail it. Been working on that for a week since my instructor added F and E7 to my bunch so I could do [drumroll] House of the Rising Sun. I told him that was cool, just don't ever lay Colour My World on me. Plus he gave me a bunch of 5 chords to mess around on my electric with. I was supposed to have a lesson yesterday, but he had some construction going on at his house and asked me if I'd re-schedule for today. Gave me a free lesson for doing it. I won't complain about that. No hassle on my part.

• Members
I've been trying to learn how to play for 23 years.....
:mad:
;)

Hah! Got ya beat Hudman. I've been trying since I was 8... and that was 42 years ago.... guess that's not a great thing to brag about 'eh? :idea: Please excuse me while I sign off and go practice some more. No papers to grade tonight!

Listening to (and reading about) everyone else keeps motivating me to work harder and find more time to practice. Thank you all for that.

Archived