Drop-jaw Brazilian 7-String Guitar!!!!

Stackabones

• Members

Astounding technique, but I'm not crazy about the piezo tone (which seems to pushing the amp/PA/whatever too hard, causing it to break up a bit).

Thanks for posting though, this is the first time I've heard of the guy. It's always cool to discover new players, especially nylon-stringers. :thu:

I thought that was terrible. I'm sorry but there wasn't a shred of musicality or lyricism to his playing. And the stupid hair thing was just cheezy.

I've seen hundreds of more interesting performances on the instrument than that. Sorry.

First video that I looked at from the related search:

hWSxLe_CnnE

Perhaps this is more to your liking? It does show that he is capable of more than just technique, in any case. :)

• Members

I think maybe the piece in the first video is kind of the "show stopper"...you know this is the "look at me giver!" sorta thing. Whether it's "not musical" or it is I am not so sure....What I AM sure of is this dude can play like a mofo..

I like the second video too...I like the bass tone from the 7th string. I love the jazzy melody too. I liked it so much it's now an MP3 on my computer. :thu:

• Members

Perhaps this is more to your liking? It does show that he is capable of more than just technique, in any case.
:)

I agree that the sound qualty of the 1st video left a lot to be desired (much too "brittle"), but that could very like have been beyond his control...all of us who gig much have done gigs where the PA (and/or the sound tech) wasn't very good (which is why I prefer to use my own whenever it's feasible!)...

The 2nd piece is GREAT...my wife's best friend, Consuela (a Cuban), started dancing around the living room when I pumped the output of my lap-top into the house intercom/soundsystem...then she insisted I play it again! :)

Archived