SWDGT GAS

JaLester

• Members

Over the thanksgiving break I walked into one of the mom and pop music stores in town, and I had a chance to play a Martin SWDGT by myself without any crazy people around. I know it's not one of the standard series martins, but it has such a sweet sound I'm having a hard time not buying one. Until now I have never had a GAS problem, but this thing really does have a great tone. I wanted to know if anyone on the forum had any playing/owning experience with this particular martin. I still love my martin and seagull, but this guitar just sings different.

Thanks for any input...

• Members

I tried SWOMGT but I was actually underwhelmed by it. I blame that on the dead strings though. In all truth, I'm not really GASing for another OM since I'm so satisfied with my Larrivee but Martin's dreads are another story. I'm in love with the HD-35 in a local shop but it well beyond my means.

I can completely relate that sometimes one just speaks to you and you have to have it though. That's how I ended up with my OM-03R, which is partly why the SWOMGT didn't do it for me. YMMV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I own one and it is really sweet.

It is loud, has great bottom end with strong shimmering highs.

The slightly red tint sets it off and the grain of the wood looks like it is melting downward.

I can barely find the seam of the two sides of the top.

What else could you want?

Archived