A week

spruce goose

• Members

Well it definitely has the 'used' stamped (carved) to the back of the headstock. :idk: Guy said there was some finish flaw on the top.

First thing I noticed is how low the action was, which is fine. Doesn't seem to buzz much.

Second thing I noticed was how friggen' light the guitar + 'case' is. The combination is lighter than your average case. :eek:

Didn't play it much, cause I got home after 11 PM, and it's only like 8 something AM now.

• Members

'hanx. :wave:

I think I'll try medium strings on it (even though it's pretty obviously set-up for lights). At the moment the sound isn't that great, and the action is insanely low. The neck looks straight, but the saddle is all but gone. I suspect that the previous owner insisted that his tech shave the saddle to bits (he told me it was set-up at a store 6 months ago). I know replacing the saddle should be an option. And it is. Maybe. First, the strings have to go, though.

BTW, since the link is now gone, it's an epiphone masterbilt AJ-500-MNS..

• Members
I replaced the saddle on my Masterbilt not too long ago. Piece of cake. If I can do it, you can.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683113

Ellen

If only my dad chose prosthetist(ism?) instead of physics..... Of course, in such a case I would never have been born, but my potential half-brother (sister?) would have had it made. Assuming he/she'd play guitars. But I digress. :eek:

Or maybe I could just trade it for this thing:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/571634335.html

:idea:

Not that I have any reason to assume that the epi is shorter than the yammie. :idk:

• Members

Cleaned it up and put some 13's on it (ghs bright bronze). It does sound better now. Not bad, really. I think I like the thicker strings.

Strange note: the guitar has a compensated saddle, but I think it was on backwards. the compensated part was on the 5th string instead of the 2nd string. :freak: I fixed it, though. Unless it's supposed to be on the 5th. :eek:

Archived