Acoustic Amp suggestions

FUBTAG

• Members

Morning all!

I am sure that this has been discussed ad naseum, and for that I apologize right up front.

As I just upgraded my acoustic guitar (I bought a 2001 Renaissance RS-6) I believe that I need to upgrade my acoustic amp for performing. I currently have a $100 dollar special that has done REALLY good for me... but I feel bad playing a higher end guitar through it...

With that being said - since I spent a grand on the guitar, I am hoping to get the best bang for my buck (as we all are, right?) that covers both vocal and guitar equally well.

Thanks!

• Members

I love my Schertler Unico. The David is really nice as well. Neither one is a ballsy melt-your-face like some out there, but to my ears they both are lush and clean sounding.

Exactly the sound I am looking for. I have a powerful singing voice (not bragging... just sayin'...) so it has to handle the peaks of that while not loosing any subtleness of the acoustic. That's a nice looking amp.. too bad there is no place closer than NYC or Staten Island to check them out.

Are there any cheaper alternatives?

• Members

Exactly the sound I am looking for. I have a powerful singing voice (not bragging... just sayin'...) so it has to handle the peaks of that while not loosing any subtleness of the acoustic. That's a nice looking amp.. too bad there is no place closer than NYC or Staten Island to check them out.

Are there any cheaper alternatives?

A powerful vocal is not going to affect the amp though if you don't know how to control your voice and distance you can easily overdrive the mic and the signal going into the amp will be distorted. The amp itself will handle any straight mic input just fine but if you're running a pre amp and have that signal too high, or have the gain on the amp too high you'll also have distortion. It's all about gain stage structure.

Archived