Walden G570TB pics

T.B.

• Members

My Walden arrive Sat. I haven't had a chance to put her through all of it's paces, but after holiday obligations I'll give a more detailed account. Here are some pic's. Sorry about the quality of the pictures.

Walden8.jpg

Walden2.jpg

Walden1.jpg

Trina

• Members

I just about bought the G570TB yesterday, but decided to wait. I'll definatily be waiting for you to post a review on it before I really decide to commit. Post audio samples too if you can.

• Members

Trina,

That's a beauty, give us a review after you have played it, their instuments have intrigued me and it's not like thy are new, it's just that they have only been available in Europe

Jim

PS-tomorrow morning my next RD20S comes in, all of the other credits are in, so I'm caught up financially

• Members

The mid-entry level Waldon G570TB is a venerable tool of the trade. Traditional the grand auditorium guitar is seen by many as the jack of all trades; whether you're a finger-stylist, flat-picker, strummer, or play a combination of the three, this guitar handles each technique with power and authority. Finger-picking has plenty of lace in high frequencies and supportive warmth in the bass. Soft strumming sounds intimate and detailed, and the instrument responds well to subtle dynamics shades. The G570TB is a revelation flat-picked! As I dug in, the G570TB single notes where punchy, bright -percussive even- instead of sounding harsh. Pick attack was pleasantly complex and the slightest changes to fretting pressure and right-hand mutting techniques was apparent. Surprisingly the G570TB solid cedar top has powerful projection with a focused tight bass; in fact, it actually projects more loudly to the listener(s) than the player. This is an excellent guitar for beginners, or intermediate players. It's perfect for those on a tight budget or for those who are looking for a guitar able to handle any style of play for the asking. Tasty blues licks and alternative tuning suits this guitar to a tee. I won't claim, it sounds, just as good as a Martin, Taylor or Larrivee! :rolleyes: But it's a good bang for your buck guitar.

The Walden G570TB has a 4 5/8 inch deep body, a solid cedar top, a laminated Sapele mahogany back and sides, rosewood fretboard and bridge with plastic nut, saddle, and bridge pins. The bolt on neck is made of mahogany with Grover chrome tuners. The G570TB has a 25.6 scale, 1 11/16 nut, 2 1/2 string spacing at the saddle with a satin nitrocellulose finish. My G570 tobacco burst finish was flawless. The black/white/black purfling and rosette gives it a classy look. With the exception of slight residue of glue above the bridge and rough edged pick-guard, inside and out the craftsmanship of my Walden is superb. The soft C neck has just enough girth to hold, press, or rap your thumb around the neck comfortably. The Walden G570TB comes with a deluxe gig bag, Plant Wave dehumidifier, extra saddle, and pin. The average street price is $250.00, I paid $49 more from 'The Acoustic Musician'. The amiable customer service, the seller/store owner Mr. Michael Taylor professionalism made the $49 more, inconsequential.

Trina

http://www.waldenguitars.com/steel/natura/G570TB.html

http://www.theacousticmusician.com/catalog/index.php

Walden8.jpg

• Members

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :) In a couple days I'll take her to my tech replace the plastic nut and saddle either with bone or tusq and add ebony bride pins. I can't make up my mind which material to use for the nut/saddle. I'll remove the pick-guard and add a John Pearse armrest.

Trina

• Members

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :) In a couple days I'll take her to my tech replace the plastic nut and saddle either with bone or tusq and add ebony bride pins. I can't make up my mind which material to use for the nut/saddle. I'll remove the pick-guard and add a John Pearse armrest.

Trina

• Members

I think the ebony pins are going to really bring out the warmth of the cedar.

Good to hear that you are going to replace both the saddle and the nut. Either bone or Tusq ought to make quite a difference. Looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

• Members

I just recently got a Walden D2040, their spruce top and hog back and sides, bone nut and saddle, all solid wood in the dread. Very nice sound. I am really impressed with the tone sound and finish like a much more expensive guitar. Since it is asian made, (not that that is a bad thing), the only question left for me is how will it hold up. If it stands the test of time, Waldens are absolute steals for what you get, bang for the buck wise, no question about it. I could see the price going up on these babys if they get popular, so shhhhhh.

• Members

I just recently got a Walden D2040, their spruce top and hog back and sides, bone nut and saddle, all solid wood in the dread. Very nice sound. I am really impressed with the tone sound and finish like a much more expensive guitar. Since it is asian made, (not that that is a bad thing), the only question left for me is how will it hold up. If it stands the test of time,
Waldens are absolute steals for what you get, bang for the buck wise, no question about it. I could see the price going up on these babys if they get popular, so shhhhhh

Oh, agree Fantfool. I think the Genie is already out of the bottle though. A Chicago dealer told me he's having problems keeping Walden's in stock, especially after the May review of the G570TB in AG magazine. Maybe the bias of 'made in China' will keep some potential customers at bay and keep Walden's price steady. Fingers crossed.

Trina

• Members

I've had the G1070 GA since last fall.

WaldenGuitar013.jpg

I hadn't heard of them either. I played it and loved it. Then I didn't like it very much after the first couple of months. After about 6 months I fell in love with it again. It wasn't the guitar it was me. I still consider myself a beginner player but I do play better now but also understand the guitar better. It doesn't want to be beat on, it wants to be caressed. Now I understand!! My playing is improving and the sound is improving and I can tell.

Don't underestimate these guitars......

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Played this one at a shop, fell in love and now I'm saving up for it. I've played some really nice high end Taylors, Martins, Cole Clarks, Matons, ETC, but for some reason this one just sort of spoke to me more than the pricey stuff. I also absolutely LOVE the Fishman Ellipse system it has. I was never a fan of acoustic electrics until I heard the Ellipse system plugged in.

http://www.waldenguitars.com/steel/supra/G3030CE.html

• Members

Played this one at a shop, fell in love and now I'm saving up for it. I've played some really nice high end Taylors, Martins, Cole Clarks, Matons, ETC, but for some reason this one just sort of spoke to me more than the pricey stuff. I also absolutely LOVE the Fishman Ellipse system it has. I was never a fan of acoustic electrics until I heard the Ellipse system plugged in.

http://www.waldenguitars.com/steel/supra/G3030CE.html

I have an Ellipse Matrix Blend in my Avalon L32C... incredible. Natural, full notes. Really amazing. I highly recommend it.

However, on stage with a full band and stage volume pretty loud, the Ellipse tends toward feedback (owing to the internal mic esp.). Since I did not want to turn OFF the internal mic, I purchased a lutehole feedback reducer, and it works like a champ with the Ellipse system, and looks stunning ta boot. :thu:

NOTE: Lutehole 15 for maximum feedback reduction. Pricey, but worth it.

http://www.lutehole.com/products.htm

• Members

I just got a D-351. All mahogany. This puppy can bark it out.

Can't set it down. This is a phenomenal guitar for the price. I just can hardly believe it. I like those G-series, too; should probably get one of those.

Archived