Yamaha FD01S

kimona

• Members

Recently, my neighbour asked me which guitar she should get for her son to begin summer guitar lessons. Naturally, I said Yamaha... no bias there, of course.

Anyway, now she has asked me what I think about this deal on a Yamaha FD01S. I know nothing about this model; I don't think I've ever seen one. It is a solid spruce top, and this offer comes with a really nifty case, just perfect for a kid to take his guitar to and from guitar camp.

Any feedback from you Yamaha guys and girls would be appreciated?

http://item.express.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ExpressItem&item=160225001212&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

• Members

Make sure you calculate the shipping cost before you click buy it. Shipping to the NW is $61.

If you have a GC nearby check out the package listed by Stack. The gigmaker should come with a tuner, lightweight bag, assorted goodies and a Yamaha.

• Members

Recently, my neighbour asked me which guitar she should get for her son to begin summer guitar lessons. Naturally, I said Yamaha... no bias there, of course.

Anyway, now she has asked me what I think about this deal on a Yamaha FD01S. I know nothing about this model; I don't think I've ever seen one. It is a solid spruce top, and this offer comes with a really nifty case, just perfect for a kid to take his guitar to and from guitar camp.

Any feedback from you Yamaha guys and girls would be appreciated?

I have the Yamaha FD01. I'm guessing the only difference is the FD01s is a solid top. I would NOT recommend this guitar. It is a junker!!! The machine tuners are horrible, the paint on the fingerboard will start to come off, you will need to have it set up because the action is so high (ya I know, most guitars need a set up but I wouldn't want to pay $50 to make a $100 guitar play better) I have been playing for a while, I can play most guitars for hours. This guitar is not worth it!

• Members

Setup is usually $50, even on a $4K guitar.

Either learn to do it yourself, or have someone do it for you, or get a pro to do it. All guitars in any price eventually need a setup, usually upon purchase and often after playing them for a while.

Just a fact of guitar-playing life and upkeep.

• Members

Setup is usually $50, even on a $4K guitar.

Either learn to do it yourself, or have someone do it for you, or get a pro to do it. All guitars in any price eventually need a setup, usually upon purchase and often after playing them for a while.

Just a fact of guitar-playing life and upkeep.

+1000

---------

There's no way on this earth that Yamaha make junk, because their quality control is excellent, but - regardless of guitar brand or age - it's usually best for one to expect the need for some form of set-up when buying an instrument and during its working life.

Archived