EXTRA VOM NOTICE: Starting Time!

Stackabones

• Members

FYI: I've got a gig Sat night out in Fort Worth that should end by 10pm or so and I expect to be home by midnight or thereabouts to kick off the VOM.

But if I'm a little late, don't sweat it ... it'll get rollin' once I make it back to the StackaRanch.

;)

• Members

on your mark.....get set....GOOOOOO!!

Have a great gig.

Hey why don't you video yourself at the gig and submit that for the VOM?

haha ... that's an interesting idea. Maybe I'll take my vid cam along. :idea:

:whisper: I already have my submission ready. Just need to dl it. But this is an intriguing idea, Gil. :thu:

• Members

As long as it is recorded in "one take" it qualifies acording to the rules, so if Stack records his gig, it 'should' be fine. Personally, even if it is not, I would love to hear it. Hoping to have time/opportunity to join this VOM.

}{awk

• Members

As long as it is recorded in "one take" it qualifies acording to the rules, so if Stack records his gig, it 'should' be fine. Personally, even if it is not, I would love to hear it. Hoping to have time/opportunity to join this VOM.

}{awk

"One take" is just a guideline ... it's not really a rule. But it does seem to capture the spirit of an open mic! :)

Do stop by and join in!!!

• Members

"One take" is just a guideline ... it's not really a rule. But it does seem to capture the spirit of an open mic!
:)

Hehe - yeah, I know that the "rules" are really just guidelines. I was just poking fun at the "rules", hence the :cop: though maybe the :poke: would have made that more apparent.

Personally, I tend to go through things a couple of times to get the nerves out though sometimes I can pull it off under the strict interpretation of the VOM1T rules - provided I know the song well enough. I don't know about this time though. I gotta do some practicing and maybe listen to the original of the cover I plan to do to pick up the finer nuances.

• Members

haha ... that's an interesting idea. Maybe I'll take my vid cam along.
:idea:

:whisper:
I already have my submission ready. Just need to dl it. But this is an intriguing idea, Gil.
:thu:

I watched a video today from one of my friends. He did a very interesting thing. He managed to clip his camera to his headstock and the perspective was very unique. You moved along with the guitar as he was playing and saw him from a frets eye view.

Your small camera may be able to be mounted that way at the gig!

You could falsh us some audience shots too.

• Members

"One take" is just a guideline ... it's not really a rule. But it does seem to capture the spirit of an open mic!
:)

I ALWAYs stop by and listen. Family issues do not allow time to participate. I'm hoping this week will allow me the time. Good luck at the gig!

Archived