Palmer guitars

happy-man

• Members

I played a little (about 29 inch) Palmer guitar. Except for the fact that the neck was very narrow, it was kind of fun. So I just Googled Palmer and found this:

Did you find a good deal on a Palmer electric, acoustic, or bass guitar? Now you want to know more about them? We own Palmer, Schecter, Jackson, Washburn and others. We test guitars and review them.

If you found a Palmer electric or acoustic guitar on eBay or some other source you might be asking 'Who makes Palmer guitars', and the answer is that there is no Palmer Guitar Company.

When manufacturers and suppliers enter into a contract to build to specifications the name goes on the instrument. Palmers are manufactured in this manner to high quality standards with quality components

I thought this was interesting.

Scott O

• Members

Well, I don't know about Jay Turser... But "Michael" and "Kelly" are the first names of the kids of the guy that started the company. I have met him on several occasions, and I think he is straight up. Any probs I've had with MK products has been dealt with in quick time to my satisfaction. Don't lump him in with the anonymous "no-names" of the Pac-Rim. He is an actual human being, he cares about his product and the satisfaction of his customers.

• Members

If you found a Palmer electric or acoustic guitar on eBay or some other source you might be asking 'Who makes Palmer guitars', and the answer is that there is no Palmer Guitar Company.

When manufacturers and suppliers enter into a contract to build to specifications the name goes on the instrument. Palmers are manufactured in this manner to high quality standards with quality components

I thought this was interesting.

Scott O

I think it's interesting too, but their statement basically implies that my luthiery business doesn't exist and there aren't any other Palmers building instruments either. It also suggests that all instruments bearing my surname are built elsewhere (Overseas?). :confused:

I don't mind the high quality standards and components element. :)

• Members

Well, I don't know about Jay Turser... But "Michael" and "Kelly" are the first names of the kids of the guy that started the company. I have met him on several occasions, and I think he is straight up. Any probs I've had with MK products has been dealt with in quick time to my satisfaction. Don't lump him in with the anonymous "no-names" of the Pac-Rim. He is an actual human being, he cares about his product and the satisfaction of his customers.

I had no idea about the Michael Kelly guitars...thanks for the correction. I just figured it was a name that the asian factory made up. I have checked the MK website and it looks like a good company. I do know for a fact that there is no "Jay Turser". I have seen the exact same looking electric guitars sold as "Sanatoga" and other brand names on eBay.

Archived