Free guitar needs free setup, and gig bag.

Dan Hall

• Members

Did you get everything you need? Don't want to let this thread die if there's still more to be done.

Don't worry, I won't let this thread die. I was in my local music store and they have some Ovation cases, if the gig bag doesn't work I can take it there and get something to fit.

I'll also take a few pictures. I thought with the recent discussions on setups and intonation and all I would document this - should be fairly typical of what to expect for setting up most guitars.

• Members

Guitar is here and I gave it a once over, even tuned it up and played it a bit. It will be just fine. Also strap, strings, cable, winder and lessons have arrived.

It is quietly resting in an old case with a couple of humidifiers, I want to make sure it is nice and stable before I start on in. I may get some measurements taken tonight but I'll probably wait until the weekend to actually do the work.

• Members

Like someone else mentioned does it plug in. I have a tiny amp I could probably send, and is shipping covered? I'd like to help in at least some way.

It does plug in and Pk1fan has already donated a cable, but there is no amp. Why don't you PM Dan and see what he thinks - I'm sure that he can arrange to cover shipping and could give you the address. My goal is to have the guitar done over the weekend and shipped on monday.

Archived