Best preamp for a soundhole pickup

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I've been researching a lot of preamps since getting my soundhole pickup. A lot of them are either designed for a specific pickup or pickup systems or for a type of pickup.

What preamps will work best with soundhole pickups? I'd preferably go to stores and try them out to see what I think sounds best, but all the local stores have a rather limited selection of acoustic preamps and don't allow you to try them before buying. I don't have to money to buy and sell preamps until I find the one I like, so suggestions will be helpful. If it helps, I'm using a DiMarzio Acoustic Reference.

• Members

Sell the acoustic and the DiMarzio, buy a Les Paul, then buy some DiMarzio humbuckers in there if you really want DiMarzio. No preamp needed.

For your information I already have an electric solidbody loaded with DiMarzio humbuckers. I also enjoy playing acoustic guitar, and I like it more than playing electrics.

In the words of Ian Anderson (paraphrased), "Playing acoustically is like having musical sex without the condom." Mabye if you get over your narrow-minded biases you'll come to see how viable acoustics are, and maybe even find something else you enjoy playing.

• Members

For your information I already have an electric solidbody loaded with DiMarzio humbuckers. I also enjoy playing acoustic guitar, and I like it more than playing electrics.

In the words of Ian Anderson (paraphrased), "Playing acoustically is like having musical sex without the condom." Mabye if you get over your narrow-minded biases you'll come to see how viable acoustics are, and maybe even find something else you enjoy playing.

{censored} you, you ignorant little {censored}. You nothing but a 13 year old punk that thinks he is a little know-it-all. I've been playing for years, and I know more than you. Now shut your little homo mouth and do what I say.

Archived