NAD! Best day ever?

kit_strong

• Members

That's "New Art Day", not "New Acoustic Day" (although hopefully soon!)

Sorry for the crosspost but I figured even the acoustic crowd might appreciate this.

My wife finished this up today as the first in a series of rock/guitarist-inspired paintings for the music room.

Acrylic on Canvas, 30" x 48":

Hendrix2-900.JPG

-kit

• Members

She's got something going on there but if I might be her first critic she really needs to give him some more hair.

Well, I thought about having her go with the big-fro Hendrix but decided to stay a bit more true to the photo it was based on. There's a good chance there will be another hendrix-inspired painting that will entail more hair.

Right now its still in the easel drying so who knows, we might change our minds over night and decide to add more hair.

• Members

Thanks for all the :thu: and such. There has been a slight modification to the painting. Once Shay flipped the painting back over she noticed that the "package area" was perhaps a bit over-accentuated (she added a few shading touches while the painting was upside down to paint the bottom edge of the canvas). So she altered the shading a bit in that area and added her signature.

-Kit

Archived