Portable, Battery-Operated Amps

Stackabones

• Members

Thanks, dagurasu!

That Vox is similar to the Roland MicroCube, which I already have. I wouldn't use the MicroCube for outdoor gigs or in the situations I've described earlier in this thread (though it could work in a very small room with a quiet gathering imo). While the Vox can run up to 5W, I'd rather run the 50W Crate or the 100W Carvin for gigging purposes.

Have you used that Vox at gigs? How is it with acoustic instruments?

• Members
Thanks, dagurasu!

That Vox is similar to the Roland MicroCube, which I already have. I wouldn't use the MicroCube for outdoor gigs or in the situations I've described earlier in this thread (though it could work in a very small room with a quiet gathering imo). While the Vox can run up to 5W, I'd rather run the 50W Crate or the 100W Carvin for gigging purposes.

Have you used that Vox at gigs? How is it with acoustic instruments?

ohhh, wups guess i should a little bit more carefully next time :p

I've never played a gig with it, I only used it to record some electric guitar parts but it had a really nice sound and the effects were easy to adjust. So I guess I don't have much information to offer you, sorry m(_ _)m

• Members

I've got one of these:

Marshall%20MS-2%20Mini%20Amp%20Lg.jpg

Gutted it and put the parts into a little coin purse. It's pretty cool, but not exactly acoustic-worthy.

There's one busker around these parts who uses the Crate Limo 50 in one stop on the Blue Line. It's fairly powerful and can almost roar over an incoming train. I bet it'd be tough to go wrong with one.

Archived