Pete Huttlinger cover "Get A Klugh" on my Larriv

kwakatak

• Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCxFmRFtiJg

Here's my latest attempt at trying a jazz-ish piece with my OM-03R. I found the tab/obtained a recording in issue #59 of Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine (which features Earl Klugh on the cover.) Pete Huttlinger has a regular column and cites Klugh as one of his main influences. This song is sort of an homage to Klugh's style and seems to be pop-oriented smooth jazz.

The audio signal chain is my attempt at dual-sourcing between the K&K Pure Western Mii/Pure XLR preamp and the Shure PG57 microphone, both through a Behringer UB1202 mixer. I'm still tweaking it. I like the K&K for its clarity but it sounds a little compressed/doesn't capture the high-end sparkle that even this relatively cheap microphone captures. This mix tends to be a little heavy on the microphone and like I said, I'm still tweaking the balance. Video was done with a Canon A560 digital camera in AVI mode.

Please give it a listen and feel free to provide feedback. FWIW I think I could've played it slower and more cleanly. Playing with the headphones on really did seem to help though. As always, I did this take under "rush" circumstances with a 2 year-old trying to get in on the act.

• Members

Thanks, guys! I admit I've been getting rusty lately but have made an effort to practice more. I hope to have more mp3s or videos to upload in the future. I meant to do that several months ago but got swept up in the holidays and other family issues.

Archived