What is this[old guitar]!?!

DerickS

• Members
Where's the original picture?

Which "original picture" are you talking about? morf's pic from 1/19/2017 or the 2009 pic from the OP? I can't see the OP's pic either. OTOH, guitarist21 has a pic on the first page from 2009 and it's still there. I can, however, see morf's pic.

Edit to add: Those import Vegas were advertised as being made in the Netherlands and Peavey acoustics used to be made in Finland. I wonder if they were made in the same factory?

• Members

I'm glad the thread generated some activity. Like DeepEnd said, the important thing is that I enjoy the guitar. When I called Martin a few years back, they figured it was a Netherlands build, but that was it. Vega guitars generally get a bad rap for not holding up well, but either I got a good one or have just been lucky. The only thing that went on mine was the saddle, which was pretty easy to copy and install the new one. Other than that, it's been a good guitar, particularly for an inexpensive instrument. It allows me to keep gut strings on my 1963 Gibson Folksinger, and saves my fingers from trying to learn new stuff on the 1964 Martin D12-35. Nice discussion forum here too. Thanks for the comments.

Archived