Dehumidifiers

Mackattack7454

• Members

Anyone here have any experience with dehumidifiers... I am looking for one for my taylors and i have found plenty but they always get mixed reviews... Its for a room about 20ft by 12ft by 9ft. Anyone have any suggestions.... Humidity in the summer gets up to 88% during the summer months

• Members

35%-40% is pretty low isnt it??? i usually like mine 45%-50% over about 55% it starts to swell i would assume under is even worst

35% is a little on the low side, but it's still not in the danger zone especially if it's not that low for an extended period of time. 40% - 50% is my normal target.

35% is the lowest my humidity goes in the summer with the AC, but it can climb into the 50% - 60% range in a hurry depending on the outside weather. I would say on average I am closer to 40% - 45%.

• Members

I bought a dehumidifier a couple of years ago. It is pretty much worthless.

Has anyone ever bought one for under 100.00 and find it useful?

Only my air-conditioner keeps the humidity levels down under 60% during the summer months.

Abando

• Members

I may be way off the mark here... but doesn't Silica gel act as a de-humidifier?

I'm sure someone will put me right or wrong.

x

Silica gel will absorb moisture from a relatively small enclosed space, say a shoe box, but the amount of silica gel requited for a decent size room would probably be prohibitive. You might as well hang up a lot of towels or chamois.

Archived