Need Info - MIJ Hayashi Nashville Acoustic

ClassicRockEt

• Members

I have a MIJ Hayashi Nashville acoustic guitar (N600D) with a serial number starting "1977..." that I purchased new back in the late 70's. It's a beautiful guitar, excellent sound, great condition, and due to a move I want to sell it but I can't find ANY info on this guitar online to try and determine its worth in today's market. I've found some scant info on Hayashi Mountain guitars, but nada on the Nashville model. Could someone point me to an online resource, or an individual, who knows something about this particular model Hayashi (is it really that rare )? Thanks!!!

See pics:

http://www.theoneweb.net/guitar/

• Members

if that builder is like most of their day, the price was worked into the model number...if so, the 600 series may have retailed for 60,ooo which at the time was not a top end model meaning it may be laminate...hey, nothings carved in stone with old MIJs so it could very well be solid wood...I been surprised too many times so I always leave some wiggle room, but a little known maker will probably mean less resell value, `course that depends on where you are and I don`t know that just by looking at your membership info under your name above. I do see Nashvilles on line in Japan but never paid much attention to em.

• Members

Hello & Welcome

I believe that a man named Nobuaki Hayashi worked as a design engineer with the famous Matsumoko guitar factory. It could be that your "Nashville" guitar was designed by him? If it was made at the Matsumoku factory it is likely to be a very good quality instrument.

Here is some info on Matsumoku:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsumoku

• Members

It looks like a nice guitar, but in the States, I just don't see it going for a whole lot.....a no name.

A "player" might love it and give you $500 for it, otherwise I wouldn't expect much being offered over a $200.

Here's something I found........Here's an acoustic listed for $200 in Australia....but it seems like Hayashi is noted more for his electrics.

1. A Hayashi Gakki Mountain W-300 with a vertical logo.

Japan Vintage guitar from 1970

Archived