I need help ....

rickoshea

• Members

.... so whats new I hear you ask (and I await Knocks comments on that one :lol:). Actually I heard this song on the radio yesterday and have been trawling looking for a decent tab for it. I can find the chords but no detailed tab and I don't particularly want to take a year tabbing it :facepalm:. Anyone have any idea where I can find one?

I'm not a lover of country music but this is great (plus obviously Alison Krauss is extremely easy on the eye :thu:)

2P7J1_hZ7iM

as a footnote ... obviously they would be better playing Crafters rather than those Martin things. It all sounds pretty good all the same and I'm probably wrong and indeed a liar :poke: :lol:

• Members

Country music,eh?

Thon Douglas fella can't even houl a guitar right :rolleyes:

An' I bet they don't really live in yon cabin at all... it's just an oul one they bought for sittin' outside tae pick an' grin.

At least if they all do live there I bet it has one helluva size of a floor safe.

What thon lassie is doin' danderin' about in her shift in the middle of the day is another question! No quare surprise that the family trees don't branch much if that's how it is :facepalm:

An' they have the chake 'til complain about sex,drugs and rock'n'roll?

If ye ast me...

Exeunt. Mumbling.

:lol::thu:

• Members

Country music,eh?

Thon Douglas fella can't even houl a guitar right
:rolleyes:

An' I bet they don't really live in yon cabin at all... it's just an oul one they bought for sittin' outside tae pick an' grin.

At least if they all do live there I bet it has one helluva size of a floor safe.

What thon lassie is doin' danderin' about in her shift in the middle of the day is another question! No quare surprise that the family trees don't branch much if that's how it is
:facepalm:

An' they have the chake 'til complain about sex,drugs and rock'n'roll?

If ye ast me...

Exeunt. Mumbling.

:lol::thu:

LOL!!!! .... bet she went pure harpic when she seen the state of that floor with them eejits stompin all over it. Shes got a quare bake on her tho ;) and thon Douglas fella will fair do his back in houlin that strange thing roun his aul waist like he daes is true.

C70 .... I'm lazy tho :facepalm::lol:

• Members

I've covered that song several times in different bands/gigs over the last few years. I'm at work now but let me jog my memory.

Key of A major (at least that's how we did it). 1st Verse is A, E, A, D, 1 measure each 4 beats to each chord. 2nd verse switch the second A with the D and resolve to A (A, E, D, A).

Chorus is B minor, A (memory getting fuzzy) 2x and then a chromatic walkup that starts on E minor? and ends on F# minor. so that would be E minor, F minor, F# minor.

Hope that's it but it should give you the idea. The real key to doing this song is getting that rolling finger picking thing happening with the little hammer-ons, etc. that make the rhythm happen.

• Members

I've covered that song several times in different bands/gigs over the last few years. I'm at work now but let me jog my memory.

Key of A major (at least that's how we did it). 1st Verse is A, E, A, D, 1 measure each 4 beats to each chord. 2nd verse switch the second A with the D and resolve to A (A, E, D, A).

Chorus is B minor, A (memory getting fuzzy) 2x and then a chromatic walkup that starts on E minor? and ends on F# minor. so that would be E minor, F minor, F# minor.

Hope that's it but it should give you the idea. The real key to doing this song is getting that rolling finger picking thing happening with the little hammer-ons, etc. that make the rhythm happen.

nice one :thu: .... its the rolling fingerpicking hammeroning thing that i'd like to see in tab - I may have to venture into Transcribe and give myself a headache :facepalm:

• Members

Krauss has such a great voice...oh yeah, tab...

Put the lead in slowdowner...you'll have it figured out in a few days. Doesn't sound all that difficult. Note the capos...and a slide too, 3 distinct parts.

I had never heard of Slowdowner. Holy crap is that cool! Thanks for the tip!

• Members

I had never heard of Slowdowner. Holy crap is that cool! Thanks for the tip!

"Transcribe" is great too for importing and slowing down tracks, plus its got cool waveforms, and I like waveforms, they make my screen look all professional ;)

• Members

I'd use Adirondack spruce sealed with finish made using hand rubbed Dodo droppings and fitted with a Kryptonite bridge and Unobtanium bridge pins with gold wrapped abalone dots for added weight and tonal effect. It'd take that to overcome an "Astley-Inspired-Incident" and then some quiet life pills to boot.

i swear theres a market for this and if you bind them with curly maple I'm in :thu::lol:

Archived