Larrivee OMV-10. Discontinued or what?

Goofball Jones

• Members

10s aren't a part of their regular lineup. They make them from time-to-time but you never know when. Falls into their custom category, so it's not clear what the specs are on them. It differs with each run. They're generally tricked out a bit more than others in the similar series (whether it's L or OM or parlor). Some have headstock inlay, others are fretboard ornamentation. Could be Brazilian... You just never know what they'll throw in there.

• Members

Larrivee employs a guy in the UK to demo their gits. Pete Smith. He recently had a custom OMV-10 made, so "discontinued" is kind of a vague term when it comes to Larrivee.

You can hear him play it here:

http://petesmithguitarist.com/html/video.html

There are also some vids of him playing a Taylor on that page. Quite a difference tone-wise.

Edit: I take it back. I think he's playing an LV-10 is those vids.

• Members

Yeah, the OMV and DV models are discontinued from regular production. The custom shop is also not taking individual orders to direct customers. That being said, every now and then a shop or someone of special significance will manage to either get a custom run or a special build.

The 12th fret for example will every now and then commission a limited run of custom Larriv

• Members

I'm sure the 12th Fret is a fine store and it looks like it is. But it drives me crazy when you're looking to buy something and they don't have pictures of what they have in stock. At least I couldn't find them in the labyrinth that is their website. :D

I like it simple...like Willcutt. They just show you BAM...what they have.

EDIT: I guess I found where their actual stock is at the 12th Fret. Just took me a while. :D

Archived