signatures or artwork on an almost perfect guitar

Goofball Jones

• Members

Honestly, it's not that I detest Clapton, nor would I go out of my way to say I do in a forum...I mean, really, "detest"? I don't detest anything other than people that hate. I mean, I think he's okay. It's just that it bugs me that his signature is blatant on that guitar.

I love this guitar. I've played it many times and the specs on it are exactly what I want: Bone nut and saddle, 24.9" scale, varnish finish, rosewood back and sides, ebony fretboard, 1.75" nut, 14th fret clear, V neck and on and on. It seems there are models that have either most, but not all of these things...but something is different like it will have mahogany back and sides, or it will be in 25.5" scale or something different.

A black Sharpie is your friend.:idea:

• Members

Looks only matter to me if don't like it. I was shopping for a new git recently and couldn't decide. Natural? Sunburst? Black? I don't care; they're all fine; color doesn't matter.

What's that? You have the same model in pink for half the price? No thanks! Who wants a pink guitar?

:confused::freak:

• Members

I`d cover the back in black velvet and paint something of real value...like poker playin` dogs...was gonna say Elvis but somebody already used that.

I`ve been painting for 39 years but still aven`t dared paint any of my guitars...maybe if I played on a stage or something but on the sofa, haven`t felt the need. Now...those wood burning sets hmmmmm...

• Members

Funny, I remember my first guitar. It was a loaner, a cheap guitar that my high school had for music students.

But someone before me had taken the time to do an intricate pen line design on the top with red, blue and green Bic pens. Herringbone patterns, flouer de lis: very tastetful. It was a great guitar that I kept for years before my mom threw it out.

Archived