More like fermentation than GAS...Yamaha L series.

andy thompson

• Members

So Im slowly going to upgrade, set myself the target of playing a piece right through before I go and play / find something differant.

Jansch"s music is mainly what moves me so......copy him right?

Well that seamed...meh....

But then again?...I mean people spend $50k on Krell , Mark Levinson, Appogee just to hear their favourite bands, so why not?

So...modern LS6 or older LA8,, LL11(did they do a LA 11?), Im asuming LA meant Lotus range and Auditorium model.

Any thoughts?

"This thread is sponsored by the TN Frank guitar tone research program"

• Members

I've heard that Yamahas are expensive in Europe, and that Eastmans and Stanfords are cheap and plentiful. Check out Eastman and Stanford.
:)

I've never played an Eastman or a Stanford, but have heard great things about both, and the Stanfords I've seen/heard look and sound excellent.

Are Yamahas really expensive in Europe? Wonder why that would be. L series is a killer, IMHO. Great guitars.

• Members

Yamaha guitars aren't any more expensive in comparison to other brands of the same build quality and while Stanford guitars aren't so widespread, Stonebridge guitars are gaining a foot hold in the middle range.

Tanglewood and Crafter - as well as Yamaha - have been very popular here for quite some time.

• Members

That's US$931, while they're advertised for $749 in the US and often sell for less.

For the same US$749, some retailers here offer the Eastman AC712. A lightly-built deep-bodied OM with very nice workmanship and nice details like a pretty maple rosette and nitrocellulose finish. It compares favorably with a $2000 Martin or Taylor.

I was under the impression that they have wider distribution in Europe than here -- check one out if you can.

I assume Yamaha's pricing structure is mostly a function of currency exchange rates, but the whole guitar pricing (and price-fixing) thing is an interesting topic on its own.
:)

Different tax systems, currency and wage structures...........

Archived