My "Best Customer Service Award" goes to Stonebridge

baldbloke

• Members

Stonebridge and thier british importer recently did me a big favour. So I'm posting this as a thank you to them. We can be quick to make posts on the internet about poor service from suppliers so I think it right that we should also praise good service. I have also posted this in another guitar forum.

Moderators, if you consider this as Spam, my apologies. Feel free to delete if you think fit.

I own a Stonebridge ds23cr dreadnaught.

I purchased it from a store which was a long way from my home town. After a couple of hours playing, I noticed It had a very slight problem. Some fret buzz. Nothing drastic. I didn't bother seeing about a repair until I'd had the guitar a few months. (Like I say, it was no big deal). I would rather have paid a local luthier to put it right as opposed to making a 500 mile round trip to the store where it was purchased. The store was very helpful when I phoned them. Offered to put it right but I chose to get done localy and was quite prepared to pay the small fee it would have cost to put right. (or, that was my intention, anyway) Besides, the carraige costs would probably have exceeded the cost of the repair.

In the hope I might still get a warranty repair, I emailed Stonebridge and asked if they could supply me with address of a nearby authorised Stonebridge warranty workshop that I could take it to. A short time after sending the email I got a phone call from Sutherland Trading (the importers for Stonebridge). The rep, Mel, offered to have the guitar collected from my home, repaired, professionally set up and delivered back to me. Also, Sutherland would pay the carraige!

I couldn't believe my ears. It was a tiny fault. I certainly didn't expect to be treated like bloomin' royalty! (And remember, it was me who chose to buy it from a distant source. I knew and expected to pay at least carraige)

Anyway, Mel was as good as his word. the guitar was returned to me a few days ago in perfect condition. Setup and sounding beautiful. Oh, and I didn't have to pay for the strings either.

I don't ever recall having such marvellous customer service from any product I have bought anywhere.

Thank you Mel.

What more can I say? You are a first class bloke. Sutherland Trading and Stonebridge deserve a medal for this sort of service.

5 stars from me.

Archived