Building an acoustic collection

emuhunter

• Members

A Martin 00-18 from 1936, but since this is too expensive and near impossible to obtain, get a new (or used) Martin 00-18V.

Do it today so that when you're old and slow it will warm your heart when you have a lifetime of practice already behind you.

You advise the 00 as opposed to the 000?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a rookie to the guitar thing but this is starting to sound a whole lot like surfboards............No how many different ones you have in your quiver there is always something else that you've got to get. Then you look up on the wall and realize there are a few you haven't touched in years. Yet there is no way you will consider getting rid of them. Just what I need, another expensive addiction.

• Members

I'm a rookie to the guitar thing but this is starting to sound a whole lot like surfboards............No how many different ones you have in your quiver there is always something else that you've got to get. Then you look up on the wall and realize there are a few you haven't touched in years. Yet there is no way you will consider getting rid of them. Just what I need, another expensive addiction.

I used to skateboard so I know how the need for new equipment is always there and skateboards have even more crap you can get to improve em than surfboards. Believe me once you get into it there is nothing comparable to GAS. I still have my old longboard that I just HAD to have and it still gets ridden once in a blue moon, but my guitars are so much more fun. A surf board and skateboard don't make pretty sounds when you learn tricks on em.

• Members

You advise the 00 as opposed to the 000?

Yes, definitely, the 00. These guitars really grow on you. Look at the comparison of their differences:

MODEL:............................00-18V..............................................000-18

BODY SIZE:.....................00-14 Fret..........................................000-14 Fret

ROSETTE:........................Old Style 18......................................Style 28

TOP BRACING:...............Standard ''X'' Scalloped.....................Standard ''X''

TOP BRACES:..................Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''.....................Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''

ENDPIECE:.......................Delmar Tortoise Color - Brown........Black Boltaron

BINDING:.........................Tortoise Color - Brown......................Black Boltaron

NECK SHAPE:..................Modified V........................................Low Profile

HEADPLATE:...................Large Old Style.................................Raised Gold Foil

HEELCAP:........................Solid Black Ebony.............................Solid Indian Rosewood

FINGERBOARD:..............Solid Black Ebony.............................Solid East Indian Rosewood

FINGERBOARD NUT......1-3/4''.................................................1-11/16''

FINGERBOARD 12TH:

• Members

You both are lucky guys

You got dat wight! :thu:

When I brought my Lakewood home, my wife's jaw just dropped, and her eyes glazed over....just like mine did when I first played it! :eek:

When I brought my little Martin 000-M home a few weeks ago, she just looked at me and said: "get it!" :cool:

And then she said: "NO MORE FOR A LONG TIME!" :cop:

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Nylon Rock,
Hmmh.... such an interesting thought.... Thanks!

I really like 000-28EC. I have the clone on backorder (Silver Creek T-170) so I'll see if I like the V profile. But I know I'm gonna love the short-scale.

But the 00-18V is not a bad alternative. Now what will make it difficult is a plethora of choices of used guitars and custom-built guitars around $2500-$3000 range.

Archived