Washburn D6S Acoustic Dreadnought Guitar

entertainment9

• Members

On paper, it looks okay but as Stackabones said, the proof is in the playing. As for Fender, their acoustics don't have a particularly great reputation but some are pretty good. 910104124 looks like a serial number rather than a model number, which is what we need in order to know what guitar you're talking about.

Edit: I Googled "Fender 910104124" and found the guitar in question: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16882084019. You can definitely do better.

• Members

Submitted for your approval; Yamaha FG-700S, FG-720S or FG-730S. All good.

I happen to have an old Fender F-65 that dates back to the very early 80's that can still kick serious butt. And, I've heard that the new DG-100, solid top, laminated sides and back, is a very decent guitar. ($250). I played one and wasn't impressed with it at all. You can get the Yamaha FG-700S any day of the week for $200.......and maybe even a little less if you haggle. I've seen it on sale at GC for $149.95 on occasion. Helluva deal for that price!

I wouldn't want either of the ones you were talking about. I don't think you would either after a couple of weeks. Go play 'em first before you buy anything. You'll be glad you did.

Archived