Do have guitars that people ask why you bought it?

KATMAN

• Members

I have two of them.One,my Takamine EGS-340SC and my Yamaha APX-5NA. Kind of funny,because I bought them at the same time. The Takamine is kind of rough looking,satin finish,had a small crack in the front that has been repaired.It has a solid cedar top and mahogany back and sides. I chose that one over more expensive guitars.For what I wanted it for it serves the purpose.I play at home or at church,and for $300 it has a killer plug in sound.

The Yamaha is a different guitar itself.Though it is a nylon string guitar,it doesn't have the specs that classical purists like.It's a thin body,thinner neck,but it does have a solid spruce top and mahogany sides and backs.It lacks a good EQ that I plan on adding later.It's good for cool jazz and when you need (or want) a guitar sound with nylon strings.

I couldn't be happier with these two guitars.Every time I think about upgrading,I change my mind.I'm looking for a beater for my nylon guitar practicing.They might not be high dollar gits,but they work for me.

Anybody have guitars you love and others just shake their head at?

• Members

Honestly, if they see my wardrobe full of stuff, they ask me, why I bought all of that. But the only guitar that I ask myself why I kept it is the Takamine EG440SC. All the others have a purpose, a job... but the Tak is sticking out like a sore thumb. It's probably because of the neck, I thought that I could like it, but I never got used to it.

• Members

Honestly, if they see my wardrobe full of stuff, they ask me, why I bought
all of that
. But the only guitar that I ask myself why I kept it is the Takamine EG440SC. All the others have a purpose, a job... but the Tak is sticking out like a sore thumb. It's probably because of the neck, I thought that I could like it, but I never got used to it.

I think that was the main reason I bought mine.I don't have big hands and the guitar just felt and sounded good to me.I have a Epiphone PR-350 that I bought several years ago.It was what I wanted at the time.It now sits in the backroom.I take it out from time to time to play it.It does make a decent back up.

• Members

It's like "Why you have more than one gun?" or "Why do you have that many fishing poles?" Different use for each of them. Most sportsmen or most people aknowledge the fact why more than one fishing pole or gun,but it boggles their minds when you tell them about your guitar collection.

• Members

Nah, I don't have anything that people wonder why I bought it. On the other hand I have had gear that I now ask myself why on earth did I get rid of it.

For example I had a lovely Aria Black n Gold SB II bass that I sold when I went off to college (and I kept the Ibanez Musician Fretless:facepalm:), before that I had a Westbury Standard that needed a decent set up but otherwise was a nice simple double humbucker guitar with a fixed neck that I think I let go for around

Archived