Daylight again?? An S6 + Folk called my name today!

Misha

• Members

Yep!!

A Seagull S6 + folk brand new with a very small cosmetic flaw for 250$ CAD...

The Misha is tempted!

The thing sounded very good even with old strings on it! It sounded better than a S&P Songsmith + Folk and a Norman B20 + Folk... and better than most guits I tried today!

Since I am currently without an inexpensive guitar to carry around (without being worried), I might grab it! I'm also "cedarless" right now!

One has to come back from the dark side at some time!! :eek:

• Members

I'm thinking of getting it and adding a pickup to it!

Actually, I've had one in the past (no pickup though) but sold it to finance something else and now I miss it! :facepalm:

I would be paying the same price I sold mine!

• Members

A Seagull is the best bargain out there imo. I bought a cedar S6 to be a take camping,take to work etc. guitar and it sounds and plays great. Too great actually, My wife has claimed it as hers. ;) So.. I bought another one that is supposed to be here Monday. I've got a 10 day camping trip coming up in September so I HAD to buy another 'gull. :love:

• Members

I put a deposit on it today!! :cool:

I'll get it in a week or two. I could have brought it home today but I'm convalescent and prefer to wait until I get paid by my insurance company. It shouldn't be long but I want to play safe!

• Members

I put a deposit on it today!!
:cool:

I'll get it in a week or two. I could have brought it home today but I'm convalescent and prefer to wait until I get paid by my insurance company. It shouldn't be long but I want to play safe!

AWESOME!!! :thu:

Good for you, Misha. :)

• Members

-D Caroll: that S6 looks good in sunburst! :love:

-BLUtunes: thank's! :thu:

-guildfire: Thank you sir! I certainly hope too! There are a couple of things that need to be taken care of in my life, right now.

It's all on its way to be resolved, though!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The S6 + Folk came back home with me this evening!! :)

It really sounds good! It looks sweet and plays well! I paid 240$ CAD + taxes... and they put new strings!

Ha! Cedar again!! It makes me happy!

This is my "beater"! It doesn't sound like one!

The tech told me the pickup he has in stock and install most of the time is the Fishman Matrix Infinity. It's 190$ CAD though... Plus 75$ for the installation. Add another 13% for taxes... :(

http://www.fishman.com/products/details.asp?id=97

Maybe I should get a Zoom H4 or something similar, instead... Suggestions???

Archived