Guitar/ukulele duo song suggestions

Christhee68

• Members

Melanie's "Roller Skate" song, One More Night- Dylan, 3rd Rate Romance, in A, there's a great and easy solo in that one, Lookin' For Me Somewhere- Bodeans. "Hand Jive" in E. Love Potion #9, Dead Egyptian Blues, Walkin' Stick -the Leon Redbone version,

Like Chris said, just take the songs you know and turn 'em. It works out.

• Members

Five foot two, eyes of blue

Oh, what those five foot could do

Has anybody seen my gal

Turned up nose, rolled down hose

Flapper, yessir, one of those

Has anybody seen my gal

Now if you run into a five foot two covered with fur

A diamond ring, an' all those, you can bet your life it isn't her

Could she love, could she woo

Could she could she could she coo (or, cootcheecoo)

Has anybody seen my gal (I don't mean maybe)

Has anybody seen my gal..POW!! poopoopeedoo!

OR, how 'bout "Mellow Yellow" or just about any of the old Tony Orlando & Dawn songs; "Knock Three Times", "Tie A Yellow Ribbon"......etc. BTW, I'm living about 40 years in the past. Does it show?

OK......so it ain't the Stones. But, at least it's better than "Tiptoe Through The Tulips"!

• Members

Just about anything Jimmy Buffett works. Old jazz is good and old blues. I love Clapton Unplugged on the uke. If you have a baritone, Dust In the Wind. When I play it people love it. I use a solid mahogany baritone with D'Addario DGBE strings (Ohana BK-32 baritone uke).

Lots of Beatles tunes are fine on ukulele and the tracks from George Harrison's last CD (six tracks George played uke). "Any Road" and "The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" are my two favorites. I also love P2-Vatican Blues.

Archived