Please help an electric player buy his first good acoustic

doc7string

• Members

Congratulations! That's BS about the whole "Do Not Open Until Xmas" thing, though. Is it on some sort of layaway? Does your wife have it locked away? Tell her the best thing you could do is record a Christmas CD for friends and family with it. Then it'd be the gift that kept on giving.

94 days.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Congratulations! That's BS about the whole "Do Not Open Until Xmas" thing, though. Is it on some sort of layaway? Does your wife have it locked away? Tell her the best thing you could do is record a Christmas CD for friends and family with it. Then it'd be the gift that kept on giving.

94 days....
:rolleyes:

No, its easily accessible. Not sure if you are married or not, but when ones wife accepts a musicians constant need to buy and buy more and more, the small stipulations she places on when you get it seems a little sacrifice (esp when she knows I'm specing out a Crook telecaster as well). This becomes even more true when there are three kids in the house as well. Its torture, but I'm happy to wait if she's happy for me to have it!

93 days!

• Members

No, its easily accessible. Not sure if you are married or not, but when ones wife accepts a musicians constant need to buy and buy more and more, the small stipulations she places on when you get it seems a little sacrifice (esp when she knows I'm specing out a Crook telecaster as well). This becomes even more true when there are three kids in the house as well. Its torture, but I'm happy to wait if she's happy for me to have it!

93 days!

Yup, been married 11 years now with 2 little boys ages 3 and 6, the older of which is autistic. In many ways we're all like oil and water. Music keeps me going but is just a passion or obsession, depending on your point of view. She's funded 2 of my 3 guitar purchases, though the word that best describes how she feels about my love of playing guitar would be "endure" and not "enjoy" but I think she approves of it because I've used it to become involved in our church. Sometimes I wonder if she'd be so stoic about my hobbies if I took up golf though because it might fit her corporate sensibilities a bit better.

Archived