VOM 33 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stackabones

• Members
You've heard this before? I thought it was an original. Was I unconsciously plagiarizing? I have to admit
The Love Boat
theme was running through my head while I was writing it but that's it.
;)
Seriously, I'm assuming you typed "cover" when you meant "original" but if not, please let me know. Anyway, on to the comments about
other
people's music:

Deepend: Sorry about that, I must have mis-typed, I went through and listened to everyone submissions and wrote down my responses on a piece of paper, must have typed it wrong while reading them back. - Great song, very cool you wrote that!!- I wish I had the ability to write, maybe something will come to me someday.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Many, many thanks to those who listened to my submission this month. Better late then never, I show my appreciation for the comments:

rhancox
- Nice job. Well sung and played.

Thanks, DeepEnd. Appreciate the compliment. I was really impressed with your song. I'm not into religious music but I really liked the song you wrote. For the purpose you were given, I thought you did an outstanding job. You should be very proud.

• Members

Sangemon
- Nice job.

Well thank you, DeepEnd, this is the first time you've ever commented on one of my songs. I appreciate it.

And thanks also to everyone else who commented. It means a lot to hear encouraging words from other musicians.

And so...every month I am humbled by the company I am in. I have trouble commenting individually on each song because every time I've done that I feel that I'm being boring and repetitive, and if I don't like a song I'd rather say nothing about it, but then I feel guilty about leaving you out. But you all should know that I love hearing all of your submissions, and I am humbled by, and in awe of, the talent that is clearly evident here. Everyone is really, really good.

Another great VOM. Thank you all.

• Members

As always I want to thank all that listened and commented. It was a kind of tricky video to do, the MS Movie Maker isn't as precise with it's cuts (what looked like a 7 second candle cut wound up being like 6.93 or something like that) and it's a pain to get everything synced back up. But it was a learning experience. I finally got through listening to all the other submissions today and it was another great VOM.

Till the time of next

Tony

Archived