So what would you change about your favorite guitar?

kwakatak

• Members

Well, my favorite is the Larrivee OM-03. I like everything about it except I've decided that I don't love the matte finish. When I got it I liked it. It looks cool and lets the top vibrate more freely and all that. But I've noticed that, when recording (and I bought it mostly as a recording guitar), if I brush against the back of the guitar, it makes a noise that is very annoying and can mess up a tracking session. It's manageable. I just have to sit VERY still when playing. But annoying nonetheless.

And, of course, ALL guitars get a set up and straplocks, but that just goes without saying.

• Members

If you have things you would change about your favorite guitar, you have the wrong favorite guitar.

This is wrong. ^

I love my Gibson, except for the factory gold tuners. I'm gonna trade it in on another gutiar when I could just switch out the machines? No.

I havn't done so to date simply because it isn't that big a deal for me and it won't improve how it sounds or plays one bit.

• Members

I would probably have to say that I wish that it was a natural finish instead of black. Unfortunately all the other finish options my guitar came with involved a burst in very odd colours. I don't mean odd like to bright I mean odd like blue, green, and red. The hell of it is the fact that it is a very well made great sounding guitar and I haven't the slightest clue why Yamaha used these finishes.

Archived