My version of MR BOJANGLES

Taylor Davis

• Members

I Like it very much well done its a song ive always likes Mr Bojangles

and a forumite on this very forum gave me the chords for it and so i also learnt it

But unlike you i can only basically strum..have never taken 1 lesson

and now older dont think i ever shall..But this to me is a more-so picking

song and you also ..do it justice :thu:

• Members

Thanks for lettin' me share.

had to rewrite the lyrics to fit my version of arrangement..

there was a goodly amount of time spent a'gettin the SYLLABLE count to fit the tempo.

Then had to change some of the lines/words to better fit the rhyme scheme. the alter'd lyrics seem to flow mo' 'bettah now.

It was a one off with one guitar, one vocal. both at the same time.

Took quite a few tries to get a really goode take, as it is; maybe ten times, fifteen or twenty including false starts.. to get that one goode one after a week or so of practice.

did this recording with an old hummingbird counterfrit that had all lows and no highs; ...been 'unner a bed 'fer nigh on thuddy years... got it for twenty bucks through a local cable-television flea market program .

Side note; this particular arrangement is made to play out by one person so it needed a non fadeout ending and got way lucky with the out'tro. the outro gets me how it cuts off. ..

the main parts is basically adding parts to a chord progression(found online from the original artist) a sort of bassline while fangering the rythym chords and throwin' lead licks off the chords as it went. no pick.

the vocals was; trying not to go over the top. just do the melody.

does it have a bit of a jazzy feel?

All in all a fun and interesting project.

Freaky bit: I just listened and it seemed kind of low volume-wise so I JUST CRANKED UP THE SPEAKERS. DANG cAPS lock..

TD

Archived