OT... Sami's bean soup recipe...

masterbuilt

• Members

Here's another trick, Mickey. (Mom used to do this). If you like your bean soup kind of thick, about 1/2 an hour before they're done take a cup of them out of the pot, mash 'em up with an old potato masher, stir 'em back into the pot for the duration. It does make a difference.

• Members

Here's another trick, Mickey. (Mom used to do this). If you like your bean soup kind of thick, about 1/2 an hour before they're done take a cup of them out of the pot, mash 'em up with an old potato masher, stir 'em back into the pot for the duration. It does make a difference.

Thanks, Opa John, I'll keep that in mind. I did try parmasean cheese and that was a great addition, too.

• Members

Thanks, Opa John, I'll keep that in mind. I did try parmasean cheese and that was a great addition, too.

We don't really do beans very often, but every time we do, we wonder why we don't do it more often. Comfort food.

Mickey, do you ever go to that "Backwoods Festival" in the Fall, east of town between Pickerington and Buckeye Lake off of RT. 204? Bluegrass groups and bratwurst/beans vendors all over the place and they cook the beans over open fire in huge old cauldrons out in the open. Lotta fun and lotta good musicians show up for it. Pretty sure it's still FREE, but they DO charge for parking....maybe a buck.

Archived